Tonight, I walked out side and just had one of those magical moments. It was a gloriously crisp quiet(a rarity on my street) night. The sky was crystal clear, the moon lit the landscape with its silvery glow, the stars sparkled on the violet velvet sky. When it gets that beautiful and that stillness outside sparks that stillness inside of me, I am humbled.
My first thought was 'Lord, thank You for this beautiful moment.' The clean fresh air enters my lungs as I breath deeply and look around, it is so bright that I can walk uninhibited out in to the lot. The whole time I am praying and thankful, even though I am in the middle of the town I live in, walking around in the yard, I feel I am in a private place with God. My mind wonders while I pray(I am a bit ADD I think) Sometimes I think of what it will be like when we are face to face. Sometimes I think about the mistakes I've made and how thankful I am that even though I have a hard time forgiving myself, God is faithful and forgives me when I ask Him and sometimes, just sometimes, I work on waiting, listening for Him to speak to me.
Tonight, I looked at the beautiful stars, picking out constellations, smiling at their twinkling spark and realizing how small I am and the problems I have are. In this whole big universe, I am the equivalent of a speck of sand on the ocean floor, totally forgettable and small. I think about how in the infinite universe, God looks at me, seeks me out and has a relationship with me, little ole me, the speck of sand on the bottom of the ocean floor, nondescript and buried. Sometimes I feel as if my heart will explode for the love I have for Him and the love He has for me. I very much feel like a child of His simply because of who I am in Him. I like sitting at His feet. It gives me peace.
Looking at the Bible tonight, I found Lamentations (Actually, like a lot of scripture when I dig, it finds me.)2:19
Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord.
It makes me think of posting, which I am obviously doing. It makes me think of all the times I've poured out my heart to Him and how special these moments I have with Him are.
A beautiful picture. I'm glad you posted:)
ReplyDelete