Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fail

Well, I am always the first to realize being a Christian is NOT easy, if it was everyone would be on the bandwagon. Part of being godly is never forgetting your place in the world. I failed. Today when we first got up we found out our vehicles were broken in to as was our garage. Instead of keeping a cool head, I worked up a righteous steam of fury. How dare they! They were less than 20ft away from my daughters. If I think of that I have a hard time keeping my fear and fury in check.
About an hour after I posted, I became ashamed. God had convicted me. Its just things he took. He didn't get our children, my mother who was drinking coffee when it happened, or our dog. He just took things. I am warring with myself. On the one hand, I do my best to 'store my treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not destroy and where robbers cannot steal.' but on the other hand, they have broken the law. Chris asked me where my faith is. I even felt more ashamed for my thinking. I am very blessed that my husband was there with encouragement.
I am thinking I am going to bed early tonight because I failed so horribly today.

No comments:

Post a Comment