Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sebastian Bach - Skid Row

I never cared for his music even when it was the decade of hairbands. I was reading about the flooding and damaged caused by Irene and got the link to an article. His house devastated, that isn't' the reason I am doing this though. He posted that he was wondering if he should stay or go dealing with the house. He then posted something that caught my eye.

Well, God has other plans for me it seems,” he writes. “I just think He is giving me a much needed push, is all.

I think that the first part is kind of generic, something a pseudo Christian would write, but when he writes the second half and capitalizes the H in he, it makes me think there is something a bit more than just words. He acknowledges that God is in his life and is directing it.

I am sure that he is upset over his house but for him to say what he said in such a huge public way, I am impressed. His persona is not Christian, its not anti Christian either but it makes me want to dig deeper. I think people like him can make more of an impact to an out of control sinner than most Christians. I think it first shocks then slowly seeps in to ones soul when they find out that someone they admire is actually a Christian.

We are to be a light in the dark world. That means we are to go out among the sinners and stand out. I think that if he doesn't bat an eye saying what he says, he might not be the Christian he is supposed to be but he is doing something of utmost importance, He is planting the seed.

Its easy to be Christian among like minded friends, its easy to be a Christian when you volunteer.
Not so easy to be a Christian among coworkers who don't share your belief, it doesn't mean you should hide who you are it just means you are the light in their dark world.

My husband has caused people to consider their faith because he stays strong in a very hard line of work. He used to lament about how hard it was to rise above what they were doing at work. I never understood it until the death of a friend. We were at his funeral and all of his coworkers were sitting around us in church. The one that calls me 'momma' and 2 others behind us were cursing just having a normal conversation. I was very uncomfortable and praying the whole time they were talking. They said the Lords name in vain and then without taking a breath went with the Lords prayer that had started. That scared me so bad that I scooted up in my seat to have some physical separation. I then whispered an apology to Chris. He nodded because he understood that I saw what he had to deal with. Then I changed my prayers to better fit the situation.


I often look up stars or musicians to see who is Christian and who keeps quiet. I wish I had the ability to interview celebrities on their faith. Can you imagine reading about Denzel about his faith.(Actually, beliefnet has, lucky dogs!) I wish I could have that opportunity to interview them lol.

Anyway, thank you Sebastian Bach for planting the seed for millions of people.








2 comments:

  1. Very good word Christi. It's more about what we do, rather than what we say, as a Christian. Sometimes the "world" doesn't want to hear any more talk about rules and do's and dont's. They want to see it demonstrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly.
    You can beat someone over the head with the Bible or you can spoon feed them.
    I prefer the Gerber way. :)

    ReplyDelete