I actually have a day off, what to do, what to do, what to do?
Actually, I'll be doing some cleaning today, laundry, bathroom, bedroom at least.
My mother has home health care coming out today to attach a gizmo to her stomach where she has an open wound. I gotta tell you, I've been cleaning it and its nasty, we all call it her 'second belly button' or 'the big gaping hole'.
Mom is going for her second round of chemo on Tuesday. I can't believe its been over a month since her surgery. They removed her ovaries which were the size of a football and a grapefruit.
Luckily the cancer didn't spread too far. Just a few spots to cut out.
The chemo is already starting to affect an already skinny person. She is getting to skinny for her size 2 pants. Her hair is starting to fall out although I'm not sure if it is nerves or not. She looks like a half starved chicken. Nothing but hanging skin and bones. I guess we will find out whats going on with her weight when we see the doctor.
She is insistent that we do the Relay for Life walk so she can do the survivor walk. So we are going for opening ceremonies.
Now on to fun stuff, my 17yr old is going to prom with her boyfriend. He is driving in 5 hours from college to take her. She got a ruby red dress to go with her ruby red shoes and she is set.
My 19yr old still doesn't have his tux and I have got to get his Sr. pictures in order to mail out in 2 weeks. (My wallet has a vacuum attachment...)
The fun of being in the sandwich generation.
No comments:
Post a Comment