Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I almost had it....

So my son wants us to attend his baseball game. Its senior night and he is a senior.
So I get my 'I'm trying to look casual' clothes on, my hair fixed(It looked rather good if I do say so myself.. ) and my sparklies and off hubs and I go with our youngest daughter. I called my friend Andie, earlier that day and she is going to take pictures.
Great! So we get there and we get directed to the 3rd base gate and are told to wait there.
They whisper that we are to meet our child on the baseline and pose for pictures. Yay, something I am fully prepared for.. Lovely blue blouse, cream corduroys, black shoes.... They call his name and he meets us out there with a rose for me we look up and I give a little wave . Beautiful moment and I didn't even do that 'My baby is growing up' cry that I do. Yep, I'm feeling like I might even take a good picture or at least one that is not of me grimmacing. I hear Andies camera going with my 11yr old with her bouncing up and down.

The moment is over quickly and he goes back in to the dug out and we walk back to the stands and meet up with Andie. I sit and I feel a draft... I look down and notice for the first time tonight
after I had paraded up on to the field and in front of everyone in the stands that the draft is coming from my open zipper on my pants.
The pictures should be grand....
I almost had it all put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment